Tan Tara Handicap Posting Guidelines ( in season)
TAN TARA Men's Club
The purpose of golf’s handicap system is to ensure that golfers of various abilities can compete equally and fairly in all competitive leagues and events. To help guarantee that handicaps are honest and fair, below is a reminder of the USGA handicap posting guidelines.
- All rounds of golf should be posted, both 9 and 18 holes. This is especially necessary for players in the Thursday Night League. Also, check to see if the league or event you are playing in requires that your score be posted as a Tournament score.
- Before you post, adjust your score to reflect the maximum number of strokes you are allowed to take on a hole.
a 0 - 9 handicap can only take a maximum double bogey per hole
a 10 - 19 handicap “ “ “ “ “ score of 7
a 20 - 29 handicap “ “ “ “ “ score of 8
a 30 -39 handicap “ “ “ “ “ score of 9
- If you pick up on a hole, you must take the lowest of either - the maximum allowed on that hole or the score you would most likely have gotten on that hole.
To accomplish this goal of maintaining honest and fair handicaps at Tan Tara. I will be:
-checking all Yellow Cards turned in to ensure that all scores have been adjusted and posted
-spot checking Thursday League participants to be sure they are posting their scores.
If you have questions and/or concerns regarding this process, you may
- contact me - Bill Fleischauer - Men’s Club Handicap Chair
- ask at the Pro Shop for clarification
- consult the USGA rules and guidelines, which are easily Googled